January 07, 2006

Time Killer

Woke up very late today.It's like somebody shot me with a tranquilizer or spiked my drink with a sleeping pill.

It was 12.30pm when I woke up!I slept at 2am and supposingly I should be able to wake up at 10am.Nowadays I can really sleep alot.

Speaking of time killing,I cannot always sit in front of the computer playing games and surfing website all day.So that is why I got another time killer,that is:

Kakuro
Kakuro!

What is a kakuro?Basically it's the same concept as Sudoku where 1 rows or column cannot have repeated numbers.The difference is instead of dealing with 9x9 squares,they deal with lots of strange combinations of arrangement,like this:

Kakuro
Looks easy right?Anyway this is easy level,but I took nearly 1 hour to solve it.

To complete the puzzle,you have to sum up the number that is provided in the dark triangle,be it in rows or in columns.You cannot have repeated numbers to add up the total sums.

The good thing of kakuro is that there is alot of unique combination.For example 3 squares total up a sum of 6 will be sharing only 1 combination of 1+2+3 and 3 squares total up a sum of 24 can only be 7+8+9.Yah,that really deals with alot of maths culculations and some simple probability.

I hope to finish up the whole easy level by the end of this month,so that I can try out the moderate level.

0 comments: