July 15, 2006

What Comes After 2nd?

I went for the interview this morning at Tuas.

As usual,I felt very nervous when I went there.There were around 10+ people who is going for the interview,but with different vocation.I was assigned to be the first to go the interview,since I'm the first to arrive for that particular vocation.

I was interviewed by a middle aged person.He looked rather stern,so different from what the person from GMP told me.Is it because his impression on me is a person with an attitude problem?

Cannot be.I've already done my best to show the friendliest face a person can get.

He looked at my application form without uttering any words.Then he started off with,"So you've ORD..."

"Last year December.Then I took up a temp job at..."

He showed me the application form and told me to fill in the empty box,which is the job history.

I apologised to him,then proceed to fill in the blank and in the same way curse and swear the person yesterday for not letting me finish up this particular.

Interviewer:So what did you do in your previous job?

Me:I was assigned to be a blah blah blah

Interviewer:What type of job are you looking for?

Me:Ehhh....(Since this company deals with computer related stuff,I shall try this...)I'm more of a computer guy and I interested in the parts of the computer system and...

Interviewer:Okay,I shall put you into IT department.I'll circulate your application to the IT department and see if they're interested in recruiting new people.

What?!

Interviewer:You looked like an IT person to me...that's what I think.

Gone liao lah!

Me:So basically what is the job scope of an IT personnel?

Interviewer:I don't know.You may need to do programming.

That's it lah!Digging my own grave.

Interviewer:We'll call you once the IT department needs person and we'll arrange you to go for another interview here.

End of the interview for me.Will there be another interview for me again?Or maybe the interviewer is trying to make me happy by saying this?I'm yet to receive any update from them.

Anyway,I don't mind having the IT job.It will be a challenging task for me and will helped me to get some experience on programming.

Now my main concern is will they call the GMP person?Better to find other jobs in the meantime.

0 comments: