July 26, 2006

Yesterday was one of my worst interview/day ever.Nothing seems to be right at all.

As for the interview questions,what interested me is that the interviewer is giving me several IQ questions.

There were this 2 questions that goes:

1.You have 8 identical balls.1 of the balls is defective and weigh slightly lighter than the rest.You are given a balance to measure the 8 balls.With only 2 tries,how do you find the defective ball?

2.You have a worker who is working for you.He was to received 1 gold bar at the end of each day of his work.You are given a 7 pieces of gold bar joined together into segment.Given only 2 breaks,how do you pay your worker?

I came upon the first question before on the internet,but I can't remember how they solve it.Even though the interview may not want my correct answer,but I just want to solve at least 1 IQ question.

In the end I failed to do so.

The interviewer also asked me some SQL questions and also general questions like "what is your goal?".Anyway I kinda butchered it.

I had to wait for their reply once again.I shall keep my fingers cross.


Perhaps you all can try answering the 2 questions I posed.Will give out the answers next week.

0 comments: