March 27, 2008

We'll Be Through

Just something random: When I was taking the bus to Boon Lay early this morning(for book in),there was our National Anthem playing through the TV mobile.I was wondering,will there be any patriotic soldier who would shout at all the passengers to stand up,sing and end the song with a salute?Most probably he'll be ending up in the IMF.

Okay,back to my training.1 more day to go before I end this low key of mine.That will be another 9 more keys to go!Yeah!I finished 10% of my NS life!

To be truthful,this 5 days seems to be an enjoyable week for me.Not only did I get to escape from the job stress I'm in,I also get to see new friends who are the seniors of my last unit.We get to hear some interesting stories we've never heard before,some juicy ones and some funny ones.In comparison,there are some differences in our courses we and our seniors had went before(such as the POW training).

Our seniors are a bunch of interesting people mostly trying to catch up with one another.Most of them are all Polytechnic batches so that is why we're able to communicate well with one another.

Kinda felt guilty when a sergeant in my team volunteered to carry the signal set all the way for the training and half of the route march.I don't know what to say,thanks for giving us good welfare throughout the whole training.

If my previous sergeant from JC batches join in the same reservist unit we're in,what will the situation be like?

Sergeant A: Hey Wei Liang,we'll do as usual.You'll carry the dua zhong signal set while I do the command.

Wei Liang: Eh,can don't want anot?

Sergeant A: Eh,don't like this leh,can carry it anot?

Wei Liang: (Reluctant)Okay lah.

Maybe the scenario would be different from what I imagine,maybe good,maybe bad.

Quite sad that the fact that almost half of my bunkmate had down pes themselves(C9L1,2,3)just to "siam" the reservice.It must be the trauma state that all of us had went through from our sergeant/PC/OC/CSM,with all the scoldings/punishments/dangerous jobs given to us.

In reservice,things are rather different: They treat you like an adult,in fact,everybody as an adult,so no rank playing was involved in the whole training.The only time when rank comes into play was when you're in charge of something.So no more sergeant this sergeant that.But we do call our master sergeant "encik" during training period.

Public relation also comes into play as well.Most of the people won't want to relate with people like engineers.Instead,they'll be more interested in business related people like the investor and bankers and management level officers.So it's good to have your name cards at all times when you went back for reservice.

Glad that we'll able to relate well with the old birds in our midst throughout the 4 days.It's quite sad that the 5 days of low key will come to an end soon.By saying this,I'm not trying to give people an impression that I'm a "so wasted if you didn't sign on" kind of person.

I hope that I'll be able to see them again for the next high key to come.I also hope that they'll be able to send us to Taiwan for training.

1 comments:

gordon said...

yo wei liang! it's me terng sing aka gordon. nice blog u have here. since we seldom get to meet, at least now i will know what u are up to and read up all your "adventures" here. haha.

btw, i have a humble blog as well. just started it this jan. it's about my boring otaku life and anime stuffs. feel free to pop back from time to time and drop some comments. ^^

btw, my 1st reservist is coming up this sep. 2 weeks high key at 2PDF. being the garang solider that i'm, i'm kinda looking forward to going back. now ork for 2 weeks yay! ^o^