March 22, 2008

His Via Dolorosa

There are so many thing I would like to blog about.Well,the Good Friday,the food and my leaving to my reservice.

What a busy 3 days I have went this week.With all the early wake ups,rushing this and that,having a black eyes is never too hard.

Okay,I'll start off with the Good Friday Service.

This is the day when I had to wake up early to get the PA system ready for Good Friday.Eventually the service starts at 9am,but we had to get there by 6.45am!Which means,2 hours of preparation.This is crazy.

And the PA got to wear their PA crew shirt to identify ourselves as the PA member.At first I don't really like wearing climacool tee,because of the color combination.But after hearing some compliments from Sandra,Judy and Felicia,I feel proud to own that shirt!I am an easy satisfied person,repeat after me.

The microphones arrangement is rather screwed up.We had to change quite a number of wires and places in order to get the mikes functioning well.

That's the reason why I(we) dread setting up PA for Good Friday and Christmas service.It's very tiring and the screw up rate is higher.

Being a person who likes taking photos,I will try to "chao keng" a bit in order for me to take photos of people doing performance preparation.Let's check out the make-up room.

Photobucket
The drama people getting ready to do make-ups.

Photobucket
Make-up artist doing make-up for Dai Liang.

Photobucket
William got a terrible face allergy mark on his right face.I thought it was a decoration from the artist.

Photobucket
Wah,William so chio!Make-up really makes wonders!

Photobucket
A table of make-up sets: Toner,face powder,you name it.

Photobucket
Wah,Yan Liang so fit!

Photobucket
Tab Voices + API choir doing some vocal warm-up.

Photobucket
The children were busy practicing.

Photobucket
The children were singing with the Tab Voices(which was not shown on the picture).

Now for the drama...

Photobucket
It was a scene where the roman soldiers bring Jesus to the cross and the people shouting "crucified Him!"

Photobucket
Putting Him on the cross...

Photobucket
Catching His breathes...

Photobucket
And died.

In compare to last year,the costumes are getting better and the roman soldiers get to wear shiny armors.Costume team is awesome!

The message is very clear: How Jesus suffered and died,thus came the term His Via Dolorosa,which means "Way of Suffering" in Latin.Yes,the roman soldiers are very violent this year,with a very sounding whip.

Photobucket
As usual,I don't get to light the candle again,because we had to clear some "Sai Kang".

The clearing up is not as bad as last year;at least we don't have to re-setup the drum set and test the whole thing one by one.Guys,keep up the good work.

I didn't had breakfast on that day,except for secretly eating a banana chocolate chip cake offered by You Cheng.People,say no to 偷吃.

I'm so hungry and thirsty that I can hardly walk.I want food!

Photobucket
We went to Ivins at Bukit Timah.They serve Peranakan food which was quite hard to find nowadays.

Photobucket
My mirror shot again.

Photobucket
Bakwan Kepeting,which is a minced meatball soup.The soup looked transparent,but it taste good.

Photobucket
Tauhu Goreng.Love the crunchy peanuts.

Photobucket
Sotong Hitam: Sotong with dark soy sauce.The taste is so-so to me.

Photobucket
Babi Pongteh:Stewed pork.The sauce is sweet.

Photobucket
Ayam Curry.The curry is hot,spicy and quite salty.

Photobucket
Sayur Lodeh.Vegetable that I will not touch.


Photobucket
Stuff Chilli Selar: Fishes with a spicy attitude.I like the way they stuffed chilli inside the fish.

Photobucket
Terong Goreng chilli: Another vegetable which I will not touch.Eggplant...

Photobucket
Itek Tim: Salted vegetable duck soup.I miss my mum's version;she actually added sour plum to the soup.

Photobucket
Daniel's daughter.Can't remember her name.

Photobucket
To end the good Friday photos,here's a photo of William,Yan Liang and Eugene during the rehearsal.Roman soldiers with Jesus?!

Now for the HGC outing:

We had a food outing at the Northern area of Singapore.It was a time where all stomach break loose for the delicious food that's waiting for us.It was a moment of joy we're waiting for,the food in mouth sensation and the tears that caused from the food.

Crap.

Photobucket
1st station: Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh in Rangoon Road.Please don't mix up Serangoon Road with Rangoon Road.Even though they may be quite close to each other,they're different.

Photobucket
Display of Bak Kut Teh with all the side dishes.

Photobucket
My bowl of soup with pork rib.The soup tasted very peppery.For those who prefer taste to pepper,this place is not for you.

What I find it amusing is the waiter have a PDA with them to place our order.Talk about technology advancement.

Photobucket
Next stop: Hong Kong Cafe near Novena MRT Station.

Zhiyong joined us for the food outing.It's been a long time since I met her.Heard that she's working elsewhere and was rather happy with her job.

Photobucket
I ordered a cup of 鸳鸯,which is a mixture of coffee and tea.The taste is quite okay.

Photobucket
My 波罗包(with butter).It taste sweet and creamy.I like.

Next time I want to try out the 波罗包 from Crystal Jade.

Photobucket
Third station: Wanton Mee in Lavender.

Photobucket
We took a long queue just to taste the famous Wanton Mee.The Cha Siew tasted just right;not so sweet not so salty,and the mee tasted shiok with the chilli.I wonder if the chilli is self-made?

Photobucket
They're actually stingy when comes to giving wanton.I had only 2 of it in my plates.

Last stop,the place which I occasionally go: Selegie Road Tau Huay.

Photobucket
The main subject of the photo is not about Thomas nor the woman reading her novel.It's about the newly renovated 2nd floor.No more outside seats smelling rubbish.

Photobucket
You Tiao with egg tart.

Photobucket
Goes well with the Tau Huay and Tau Huay Zui.Yummy!

However,the standard kinda dropped.Maybe it's because I ate the cold Tau Huay instead of the hot one.

Being a bad organizer,I shall plan better for the next upcoming outing: Botanic Garden.

0 comments: