May 18, 2008

Neighbor This

Yesterday I overheard a conversation between my Mother and my neighbor next door.

Neighbor: I knew you for so long,but I don't know your name.

Mother: My name is XXX.I also don't know your name leh,what's yours?

Neighbor: YYY.Aiyoh,when people ask me about something,I don't know how to mention your name.I always refer you as my neighbor next door.

This is the best I can do to recall the whole conversation.The chat session may be simple,but to me it was a sad one.

We knew our neighbor for 10 over years,yet we fail to know their name by heart.Gone were the times when we had stronger bondings with our neighbor,knowing them one by one and what trouble they gone through and need help from others.

Just a question: How much do you know your neighbor next door,or maybe the one below or above you?

0 comments: