May 12, 2008

Free Sample Up For Eating

Yesterday we celebrated Mother's day with a lunch in Din Tai Fung.This is the third time I went there for meal and all I would say is: stick to the restaurant in Paragon.The food is slightly better.


For dinner,we had pizza from Pizza De France,which to me is a next step to eating pizza from other outlet.You know,I'm kinda sick of Canadian Pizza;the former has a thinner crust.

Anyway,the main subject of today's blog is not about Mother's day I ate this and that.It's about a scary encounter when I was going shopping in IMM Giant with my Mother.

When we were in the fruits and vegetables section,there was this promotion of mangosteen at 21 cents per 100g(mangostten season,great deal,go buy it!).In the midst of choosing some nice purple fruit,we saw a LAM(Lau Ah Ma)busy opening up every mangosteen she picked.

she was like enjoying her "free" mangonsteen session with her grand-daughter,and there was a China man(in whom I'm not sure if he is her son)talking to her about the cheap deal of longans,mangosteens,etc.Obviously what they did not know was thyat there was a big English warning that says "No sampling".I doubt they know English.

Once again,I'm not a person who likes to interfere with other people's business,so I didn't stop them,neither did all the shoppers around.Well,this is what we call the SBC(Simply Bo Chap)society.

Moreover,the look of the LAM reminds me of those Hong Kong ghost movie where this old lady kept haunting the male/female actress.She do looks scary when she smiles.Or maybe it's the dark purple mangosteens,it looked like those fruits grew in evil dark forest.

Ghost Movie LAM + Evil forest mangosteens = ?!?!?!?

I really can't imagine.

Till now the LAM still haunts my mind.I was kinda traumatized by the incident right now.Hope I can forget everything I saw yesterday.

0 comments: