May 23, 2008

Little Walk In Big Garden

Photobucket

Last Friday,I had a mini gathering with a few of my HGC members(well 5 of them)at the Botanic Garden.This is perhaps my first time visiting the New Botanic Garden ever since it was relaunch few years back.My last Botanic visit was around 12 years ago,somewhere around my primary school days.

Photobucket

Botanic Garden was greatly renovated since I last came.From a old and boring place it used to be,it was become a place for the families to enjoy a wonderful picnic.

Photobucket
Taken from a mini pond: Be sure to give the fishes quality food,not burger king's fries.

Photobucket
Well,let's go for a scroll.

Photobucket
It was a very sunny day indeed.The sun was shining towards me when I was taking photos,maybe to my disadvantage.But I find this photo is nicely shot,as if it was taken during the sun rise.

Photobucket
Walking down to the swan lake *play Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake"*.

Photobucket
The lake brings out a wonderful reflection.

Photobucket
Tortoise swimming happily in the water.

Photobucket
Kois and other fishes are getting well fed by the kids.

Photobucket
Apparently I don't see alot of swans in the lake(maybe it was taken to the restaurant for swan meat?!).I just saw 2 of them from a very far distance where my camera is unable to capture them nicely.

Photobucket
Ginger garden,reminds me of ginger tea and ginger sweet.Urrgg!!!

Photobucket
Small waterfall.You can simply take a picture of your friend standing behind it.

Photobucket
Another small waterfall.I wish to see a magnificent ones such as Niagara Fall.

Photobucket
A big area meant for rest and relax.

Photobucket
This is a place where they'll organize symphony concert.Right now it's a place for fun and games,like dodge ball if you're able to see it.

Photobucket
Garden where Orchid flower bears.Unfortunately it's not the season for blooming.

Photobucket
Wonderful Cactus.big ones,small ones,everywhere!

Photobucket
Just wonder if there's water in it?

Photobucket
Poor cactus which was abused by the visitors.

Photobucket
Warm and serene looking photo.Kinda love how the sun shines on the grass.

Photobucket
I found my childhood!

Photobucket
Didn't know it was printed on a $5 note.

Photobucket
Taking a photo with the big tree.

Photobucket
Playful children up on the tree.

Photobucket
The sky was kinda cloudless on that day.It was such a humid weather.Anyway,this photo was taken in the evening.

Seems like it was not a best day to take a walk in the Botanic Garden.Maybe next time when the season was right,we'll organize a HGC picnic session.

0 comments: