April 05, 2008

Reason For Well-Fed

Last week's food feast had just provide me with another additional weight of 2-3 kg.Right now my current weight increase to 68kg!I got to get some serious training before my weight reached 70kg.

Proceed with my food photos:Last Saturday I went to Hotel Miramar with Ming Keat and Yan Liang for our dim sum buffet.At first I planned to go Harbourfront for dim sum,but Yan Liang recommended me to go Miramar instead.So I choose the latter.Anyway,they're all from the same branch.

Turn out that the food is absolutely fantastic!The prawns in the dim sum taste fresh,very tender and bouncy.I wonder how did they maintain the freshness of the prawns?Could it be some kind of trick?

Photobucket
Ginseng Chicken Soup for the soul.

Photobucket
Sweet and sour pork.I didn't tasted any meat from this dish,only crispy skin.

Photobucket
We started our dish with fried dim sum.The right one gave a juicier taste.

Photobucket
Eventually more and more dim sum came until the table is full.

Photobucket
The kiasu us ordered 3 trays of Siew Mai.

Photobucket
Tofu with meat.

Photobucket
Prawn with fried bean curd skin.Almost all dim sum have prawns in it.

Photobucket
I love eating Lor Mai Kai or "he ye fan",so I ordered 1 tray.I didn't know it comes in 2,so I passed one to Ming Keat and Yan Liang.

Photobucket
Mango Pudding for our desserts.A little dry for my taste.

Maybe I'll consider going for it again the next time.Bringing my polytechnic friends would be good.

At night,I have Fish and Co with my Clementi HGC members.Well...6 of them.

Note:The font in italic means photos from Clara.

Photobucket
Alright,let's start fishing.

Photobucket
When I flipped the menu to this page,I was tempted to try the New York Fish and Chips,because it has cheese on it.

After much consideration,I decided to get the cheesey fish and chips.

Photobucket
Wooden fish which is not consumable.

Photobucket
Soup of the day:Clam Chowder.Not so nice.A little too sweet.

Photobucket
My New York Fish and Chips.It took me a very long time to finish it.

Photobucket
Pamela,Belinda and I.

Photobucket
Huishan,Clara and Yuseng.

Photobucket
Crispy looking Pizza.

Didn't know that Fish and Co are good at doing sabotage for the birthday boy/girl.So next time if you were to bring your birthday friend for celebration,this will be a good choice.

For me,I was told to stand on the chair with holding 2 sparkling stick while they sing birthday song.Wah lao,how embarrassing!

Somemore Clara managed to take a video of my not-so-well-developed butt.Damn,if only I know the coming,I should have train it.

Anyway,with this "sacrifice" came a 10% discount!Sweet!

Photobucket
A group photo with my ice cream.

The next day...

Went to the Central with my Polytechnic friends to try out the black pig.The restaurant name?Tom Ton.

Black pig should be nice because...

Photobucket
they are free from stress!A relaxing pig provides juicier meat.

Photobucket
We started off with potato salad.The salad was unexpectedly nice.

Photobucket
My premium black pig cutlet.The meat must go with the special sauce they provide,together with crushed sesame.

Photobucket
Glenn's fried prawn and...black pig cutlet.

90% of the menu has black pig listed on it.You can't escape from them.

So throughout the meal,we had mentioned "black pig" for God-knows how many times.Dunno why leh.

The food was okay,the black pig tasted slightly different from the normal pig that we ate,with more tender and fragrance.However,the service was not quite good.We were served by a noob waiter who took some time to understand what we're ordering,and they missed out Raymond's food!Luckily Raymond ask about the dish,or else he'll be starved to death.

The party doesn't end it this way.We had another relaxing time at the Mind's Cafe.

Probably because it's on the Sunday,I don't see any crowd over there.We got our seat with much ease.

Photobucket
They had a wide range of games for us to play.Some of the board were over-abused until the game set gave ways.For example the Deal or No Deal game.

Photobucket
Raymond and Glenn trying to arrange the money.

Photobucket
Done!Let's start the game.

The atmosphere is just too quiet for me.If there were more people around,it would be nice.

Photobucket
Lastly,a group photo before we leave this place.

I really had a wonderful birthday celebration this year.Will there be another time next year?

0 comments: