January 14, 2008

Surname Issue

I have no problem with my surname.In fact,I feel proud to have such a unique surname.It's better than Chen,Lee or Lim(you can even have Chen Lee Lim as your full name!)where you can easily find it on the street.

However,sometimes having this surname may not be very good.

Take for example,today I went to IMM to shop for my shirt for my coming interview.I was about to pay for my shirts with my debit card.

The transaction was kinda slow,simply because the credit/debit electronic device had a problem with the signature part.Well,anyway that's not our main focus of the true story.

After the transaction,the counter staff looked at my debit card,smiled and said,"Thank you Mr Chee.Bye,thanks for coming."

I believe she was not doing it on purpose.I know it was supposed to be her job to be courteous to the customers.But I feel kinda insecure after that.

I should have put nickname on the debit card,like remotecarrier,so that next time she'll call me Mr Remote.

0 comments: