January 04, 2008

Muar Kind Of Trip

Last Saturday I had a mini HGC Muar trip with You Seng,Yan Yi,Clara and Pamela.My father was worried that the place is flooded,and warned me not to go there.

But then,the sun is ultra strong when we went there.How about the rain?It must have been vaporize by the orange ball.

We started our journey at about 10am and we reached there around 1.30pm.It's almost a 4 hours trip there.

Photobucket
Before going there,we bought some colorful donuts at Dunkin' Donuts.It's actually located at Larkin(bus station).

Photobucket
We ordered 6 donuts.Nobody wants to try pink,yellow and green donuts eh?


It was a super long journey to Muar compared to Malacca that I went to last year,despite the fact that Muar is near to Malacca.I was glad to have my ipod with me to kill the boredom listening to some random musics.

Photobucket
Bus station in Muar.So old,yet so simple.

Photobucket
Outside the station,we saw even more simple buildings.

Photobucket

A cat sleeping on a chair in an awkward position.It reminds me of Oat Wheat.I wonder how is she now?

Photobucket
Journey to the coffee house in search for food.

Photobucket

The 2 bak kwa shop located side by side.One selling chicken favored while other sold pork.Anyway,their signboard do attracts the people.

Photobucket
We need to learn how to cross the road safely before going to other countries.

Photobucket
After 30-45 minutes of walk,we arrived at the coffee shop.

Photobucket
It's hard to find such coffee shop with all those retro poster in Singapore.

Photobucket
We bought some yummy otah to satisfy our hunger.

For your information,the otah is not bought from the coffee shop.We bought it before going there.

The otah tasted very different from what we eat in Singapore.You can actually eat the fresh meat out of it.And yes,it's very spicy.

Photobucket
To bring the heat down,we had ice kachang...

Photobucket
As well as 八宝汤.It just looks like 清汤 in some way.

Photobucket

Each of us had char kway teow which You Seng recommended.At his hometown of course he knows where the good food is.

I got to emphasize on the char kway teow,instead of having regular stuff like bean sprout,hum,fish cake and vegetable,it also have otah and some cai po in it.Very nice!Oh yah,not to mention the egg on top.

Photobucket
My egg yolk kinda oozed out.I'm so sad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the coffee shop,they also serve zi char,noodles and many other stuff.The shop looked like those that can push around kind.Maybe after the business,they have to push back the cart to their place.

Photobucket

Before we proceed to other places,we took a photo with the char kway teow uncle.I was forced to take a photo with them.

But then the uncle quite handsome hor?Haha.

Photobucket
Blue blue building.

Photobucket
The cars are parked in a very nice way...to disallow smooth path.

Photobucket
The school where You Seng used to study.How come bo lang one?

Photobucket
3 girls posing for the Fat Babes shop.

We went for a shopping spree(especially the girls!)at 2 of the shopping centre in Muar.Didn't took any photos there.

Photobucket
A series of food cart.

Photobucket
Another view of the food cart behind the scene.

Photobucket
Otah is Muar's specialty.I can see otah everywhere!

Photobucket
I had a fish porridge.It's basically teow chew porridge in my opinion.

Photobucket
Wanton Mee.The noodle tasted like those magee mee and it's very nice.

Photobucket

Or lua(fried oyster).Unlike normal or lua,it contains less flour and more egg.In Singapore you are like eating flour all the way.

Photobucket
Auntie making you teow in front of the people.

Yan Yi bought a you teow from her.Due to a minor incident,the you teow dropped on the road without her getting one bite from it.

Photobucket
I bought 2 box of otah at a price of RM$5 per box.Reasonable eh?

Well,that all for my day 1(and their day 0.5).I had to go back to Singapore because of some family matters.Damn,I missed the seafood and the fellowship bonding which they had after I left.Well,maybe next time we'll go there again.

0 comments: