May 25, 2006

Being late for my work,I decided to burn my pocket to flag for a taxi in Chua Chu Kang.If you ask me why on earth I don't do this in Jurong,it's simply because of the frequency of a hired cab at my place is high.

Usually I'll look for Comfort or City Cab.If the TIBS or Merz cab stop for me,it shows that my luck is terrible.And I prefer a taxi driver who can talk alot and introduce all the best food or place they had been.I just don't like a boring driver.

Anyway,7 out of 10 taxi drivers talk to their customers.

And yes,my luck is awful today.I had to take a TIBS taxi.

The uncle is very friendly to me.When I told him my destination,he helped me plot a route that prevents me from getting the morning jam in BKE and PIE.The whole journey is a long way to my workplace,however avoids the annoying traffic jam.

He told me that life being a taxi driver is hard (Or did I proclaim that?).Most of the time the customers don't even trust their sense of direction.When they took them by the short cut,they were rather insecure because they are used to travel in a familiar route and not the route that the driver used.

The night life of a taxi driver is worse.You have to face people who was drunk and been unreasonable to you.They can even want to find fight with the taxi driver or puke inside the taxi,leaving a foul smell for the driver to clean up.

They hardly find time with their family.With them working all day and night like a bull,when can they have the time to go shopping or play sports game with their loved ones?

So if you're one of the many who complains about the attitude of the taxi driver,think again.Only a few of the exceptional cases I met where taxi drivers being rude to the customers (perhaps 1 out of 20).With all those things I mention above,there's no reason why a taxi driver must not be grumpy.

0 comments: