January 08, 2007

My life was kinda struck when all my contacts were lost in a process of formatting my handphone.

Here's how the story goes:Last Thursday when I was busy scanning some documents in my office,I took out my handphone while waiting for the scanning process to be done.I was shocked(a numb shock,by the way) upon seeing the screen display that is not functioning well.So I do what I normally did:Restart my handphone.

However,when the phone switched off and restart,it just flashed the logo 3 times and off it goes.

Panic,I rushed home to charge my handphone,hoping that the problem will be resolved.

But it didn't.

I decided to seek an advise from the Nokia Care Center tomorrow,since this is my only last resort.

The next day,when I told the help counter about my problem,she told me it was probably due to battery or hardware problem and she charged to $150 if I wish to repair.I immediately reject and told her I'll consider.$150 repair fee for this kind of phone?If I were to trade-in after repair,I'll suffer a loss.

Then I decided to search inside google for some remedy.After a minor search,I managed to find some result.It was from the Hardware Zone forum that teaches me to press 3,* and answer call button together to format my handphone.

I was hoping that once the phone finished formatting,it will get back to normal.Thank God it did!

However in the process of doing that,all the memory inside my handphone,including my contacts were all washed away.

I blame myself for not keeping a backup copy of my contacts.See lah Wei Liang,some of the important contacts,which you don't know how on Earth can you look for them,were gone.You gonna pray hard that this contact will message you or something.

That was a close shave indeed.I almost thought my handphone had obtain Nirvana,but I saved it from doing so.Now be a good handphone while I busy browsing the catalog for some Sony Ericsson offers.

0 comments: