January 16, 2007

Flea From The Market

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Situated around the Bugis area distant away from Sim Lim Square,the flea market is a place full of old junks and items you hardly find in Singapore.

Almost everything that they sell came from those garung guni men,whom they collect and sell those stuff for a living.If I'm lucky enough,I'll be able to find my monitor that I sold to them.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The market is crowded with collectors and people trying to dig cheap stuffs.As you can see the man in yellow is William.And speaking of him,he just invest on a new camera(Panasonic Lumix FX-07) last Saturday that cost him $510!Reasonable price eh?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Check it out!The retro looking Coke/Pepsi bottles you hardly seen in Singapore,except for Esplanade where they also sell this kind of bottle imported from other countries.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of the best find in the flea market would be the stamps/phone cards/coins.This seems like a paradise for collectors.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Amulets from Thailand.As what my brother says,this kind of mass productions don't really work.

I find the LED flashlight a steal at $4 each,but I decided not to buy after looking at their quality.But $4 is cheap for this kind of torch.Maybe I'll come back here one day.

From what I've seen so far,they sell items like shoes,old toys,laptops,CDs/DVDs,collectible items,CPU processor,microscope(!),army uniforms(!!) and even helmet(!!!).Yah,so many things to list out if I were to continue.

So if you're looking for something retro,or if you're budget tight,this place is one of the best place to go.

0 comments: