February 25, 2006

Just came back from my trip to the AA2006 (Asian Aerospace 2006).The $21 ticket sure is worth the money with lots of planes and a good suntan.

I had to rush for the exhibition because of my work which ends at 12.30pm.I had to give the airplane show a miss.What a waste.

Anyway,I'm not alone for the exhibition.I had Glenn with me.He told me to wait at the Apache when I get there.

On my way to the AA2006 through the shuttle bus,I ask myself:Will the security there be very tight?What if the terrorist board the bus with us and we don't know?Well,when the bus stopped at one checkpoint,it answers my questions.

They were like scanning up and down the bus looking for any suspicious items and people.Then we proceed,looking at the policemen with submachine guns which I think is an MP-5.

Just imagine when they saw someone with a suspicious item:

Policeman:What is that sharp thing you holding in your hand?A knife?

Guy:No.This is my nail file.

Policeman:And what is this in your pouch?A pair of scissors?What you gonna do with this?

Guy:Oh,that's for me to trim my nose hair.

Policeman: .....

Ok back to the trip to AA2006.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Check out the people queuing up to take the taxi home.It's a long stretch of queue.

Image hosting by Photobucket
That was the Apache Glenn mentioned.I waited for him here.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Yeah!Finally had a chance to take picture with the Apache.

Image hosting by Photobucket
How can the picture of an Apache be nice without a officer pilot?

Image hosting by Photobucket
Apache's backside.

Image hosting by Photobucket
That's F-35,a plane currently on a project by all over the country like UK,USA,Canada,Switzerland etc.

Glenn told me that this plane take off vertically instead of diagonally.That's something special.

Image hosting by Photobucket
This is Gripen.Alot of people queuing up to try sitting on this plane.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Looks like a training helicopter.

Image hosting by Photobucket
F-16!Glenn's favorite.

Image hosting by Photobucket
The front of F-16.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I shall not miss the chance of taking with the F-16.

Image hosting by Photobucket
F-15.I like the colour.

Image hosting by Photobucket
F-15 side view.

Image hosting by Photobucket
F-18.That photographer blocking the plane!Grrrr....

Image hosting by Photobucket
So that was the Airbus you're talking about?It's damn huge!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Cannot go in already.

Image hosting by Photobucket
A sign outside the Airbus.I think it means no toilet.Or it means do not go near?

Image hosting by Photobucket
C-130.The one I took during my Indonesia exercise is green in colour.That C-130 is from US and it's gray in colour.

Image hosting by Photobucket
B1B Lancer.This plane can go mach speed and able to do carpet bombing.Cool!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Another angle view of B1B Lancer.

Image hosting by Photobucket
KC-135R.

Image hosting by Photobucket
The pilots there are selling shirts,badges and some other souvenir.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
There're also planes from other country.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Another foreign plane....

Image hosting by Photobucket
With table and chairs.Makes the garang plane so anti-climax.

Image hosting by Photobucket
There's also monks going for the Aerospace too!

After looking at all the outdoor stuff,we shall go indoor.

Image hosting by Photobucket
So many airplane models.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Plane.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Planes.

Image hosting by Photobucket
And more planes!Apache model too.

Image hosting by Photobucket
F-16 engine.It looks like....errr....something?

Image hosting by Photobucket
And who say Aerospace is all planes and nothing else?We got racing car too.

Image hosting by Photobucket
And artillery.

They're also display of Mog 4,SAF armor vehicles,new version of SAR21 and not to forget pretty counter girls.

I managed to finish only half of the exhibition when they call it a day.Well,I'm happy that can take alot of photos.

The next Aerospace will be at Hong Kong in 2007.Singapore will have another one on 2008,but it will be called Singapore Aerospace instead of Asian Aerospace.

If you're a hardcore fan of airplane,maybe you can book a ticket to Hong Kong next year.

0 comments: