May 07, 2009

Last Thursday I was away for my HGC retreat and I would say,one of the best church camp I had so far.

I thought it would be a 3 days 2 nights worth of sermon,prayer,sermon,prayer and a handful time of relaxation.No way.It was a time for us to relax and most importantly,to build up the bonding with the HGC member.

The new Queenstown is there for about 1 year 2 months and yet we are unable to bring out the closeness with one another.That's why the retreat is here to help us get together,with some cooperative games to strengthen our unity circle.

I didn't take a full day leave before the retreat as I find it unnecessary to do so.Moreover,I didn't have lots of leave in my hand.I got to save up for the next possible scheduled leave.

Anyway when I reached Tanah Merah,some of my HGC members were still waiting for the bus.I did came there just in time.

It was a very long journey from Tanah Merah to Changi.I should have board a bus from Tampines.It would be much faster.

We reached Changi Village Hotel after 25 minutes of bus ride.I hope I could have just sleep in the bus,but I can't.

The first thing we did was to grab the room key and throw our baggage into the room.Kelvin Lee joined me later.Got to apologized to him for not waiting for him to go in together.Yeah,I'll be sharing a room with him for 3 days.This brings back some memory where we also shared the same room with Jonathon 7 years ago.

Photobucket
The room that we're in.Simple and cosy.Got to love the pillow that puts me to sleep ever time.

Photobucket
Bathroom.Nothing special.

Photobucket
The bathtub.Love the waterfall concept when you open up the tap for shower.

Photobucket
Picture of the bathroom from the bedroom.This is one of the best concept I've so far.Very considerate(for you to watch TV while bathing),very kinky(horhor).

Photobucket
They even have...Womb Raider!Shhhh......

No lah.I'm didn't watch that movie in the hotel.Really!

Photobucket
Restaurant at the top of the hotel.

Photobucket
Swimming pool at the top too.

Photobucket
View from the top.

Photobucket
We can see aeroplane flying.

Photobucket
We had a simple briefing with an ice-breaker at the function hall.

We were briefed by Pastor Geoffrey on what's going to happen for the next 2 days,followed by a game(that will last for 2 days),which is......

Angels and Mortals.Had been playing this for many times,just that I'm always been a naughty angel every time.This time I'll try to be a good angel to that particular person.

Will not be revealing that person until the end.Let you guess for yourself.

Photobucket
Let's proceed to the Changi Sailing Club to have our dinner.

Photobucket
The old Changi Hospital.It certainly looks creepy.

Photobucket
Changi Sailing Club.A place of good food and beautiful.....seaview.How are we supposed to see the sunset on the East?

Photobucket
Kelvin Lee the model.

Photobucket
You don't want to know.

Photobucket
The table setting is kinda posh.

Photobucket
Pamela and Belinda.

Photobucket
Yanyi and Pamela.

Photobucket
Put three of them together,and we have Yanmeda.Hahaha...*cold wind blows*

Photobucket
For starter,we have the chicken soup to build up our appetite.

Photobucket
Scoop up some ingredient from the soup.

Photobucket
My portion of food.Don't ask me why the Kueh pie tie is empty.

Photobucket
The complete version of Kueh pie tie.

Photobucket
The ultra sweetness boh boh cha cha.

Photobucket
One simple scoop and you'll see alot of "liao"

Photobucket
The rest of the HGC enjoying their food.

Photobucket
Ye Ye with Weiling's baby.He do have a shocking look whenever I see him.

The food is excellent.The pork rib is sweet,the chicken is fragrant,the spaghetti is creamy and the calamari,my favorite.Perhaps my only complain would be the dessert.It's too sweet for me.





We had games late at night to build up our team building and confidence level.There's a station whereby we had to find the things around us that symbolized the new life of Jesus.Then we made a simple...








Photobucket
picture out of a branch.It simply means,Jesus is the vine and we are the branches.Short,simple and sweet.

Think we minus points for snapping the branch instead of finding the fallen ones.Horhorhor...

Photobucket
Picture from Eunice's group.A cross.

Photobucket
Picture from Ye Ye's group.Very abstract art.

Photobucket
A simple sharing from Siew Geok.

That's all for day 1.Day 2 will be coming soon.

0 comments: