March 28, 2009

Birthday Rush

After a series of busy schedules,I've managed to find a free time to blog.It's time to blog about the birthday celebration with Glenn and yours truly.

You know,March is the period whereby me and my polytechnic friends will spent money like crazy.Where does the money goes?Birthday presents and dinner.

Without further delay,I'll start off with Glenn's birthday celebration:

15/03/2009 Soup Restaurant @ Paragon


Finally I am spared from eating Dan Ryan!Yeah!!!!!!!!

We were supposed to had dinner at Imperial Restaurant,but it was not what Glenn wanted,as the restaurant served Teochew style food.To Glenn,Teochew style is all the steamed fish and watery porridge.

In the end,we settled our dinner at Soup Restaurant.

Photobucket

It's been a long time since we had Soup Restaurant.The previous time was somewhere 4 years ago.

Photobucket
Samsui ginger chicken.

Photobucket
Beggar Bowl Tofu.

Photobucket
Meat Patty with Preserved Egg.The black sauce is very addictive.

Photobucket
Sliced fish.The taste is kinda so-so.

Photobucket
Sambal Kangkong.Very salty.

Photobucket
Yang Chow fried rice to go with our main dish.

Photobucket
Glenn and I had Gui Ling Gao for desserts...

Photobucket
while Raymond and Elvin had Xue Ge.

I had a hard time enjoying the dish as I had a terrible flu.It's so bad that I had to go to a nearby Guardian Pharmacy to buy the flu pill.I would say,the yellow pill did wonders to my nose.It actually stopped me from sneezing after some time but you'll feel drowsy afterward.Say goodbye to those overpriced Panadol that doesn't help when I had a sensitive nose.

Photobucket
A group photo,taken before I went to the Guardian Pharmacy.Don't be fooled by the lightings that gives you the idea that I'm okay.

Photobucket
Glenn's birthday present: An Onitsuka Tiger Sneakers.He loves it so much that he even wore it to the airport.

Photobucket
The side view.


20/03/2009 Sushi Kikuzawa @ International Building


It was a very bad move planned by me.I didn't know 2 of my friends,Elvin and Glenn don't really like eating raw sushi.

Anyway I always wanted to try this restaurant,after hearing alot of nice feedback from my friends and colleagues.

When we found the restaurant,we had a shock: The restaurant is very small.It's those small restaurants you normally see in manga or drama where office people go there to have a drink and eat ramen.Elvin was kinda regret going there.

Photobucket
I kinda like how they prepare the sushi and how they used flame torch(don't know what you call that)to cook the unagi in such a way it was semi raw.

Photobucket
The soup base is light for the heart.

Photobucket
If I'm not wrong,swordfish sushi.

Photobucket
Chawanmushi.

Photobucket
Scallop sushi.

Photobucket
The disgusted Elvin.

Photobucket
Check out how he roll.

Photobucket
*Flip*

Photobucket
Ekkk!!!!!Raw fish!!!!!!!

Overall,the sushi is good and the raw fish is quite fresh.Other then that,I don't quite like the menu display(no pictures)and the meat-rice distribution of the sushi(90% rice,10% meat,we ended up like eating 2 bowls of rice).Oh another thing would be their customer service:it's rather badddddddd.

Photobucket
Another group photo.

Photobucket
I was actually demoralized when they actually gave me a contact lens for my birthday.But since it was the thought that counts,I had to accept it.They passed me the deposit receipt and told me to collect it within 7 days.

In fact,it was the receipt that give everything away.

Photobucket
The real present happens to be an Adidas jacket,which was what I wanted in my wishlist.Materialistic me.

Anyway thanks for the olive green jacket.I really like it very much.I shall wear it during my church retreat or KL trip.

0 comments: