June 01, 2007

Due to some unforeseen circumstances,I'm unable to take any photos of our HGC event yesterday.

There was a heavy shower when I was on my way to Bishan Home.In my mind I was thinking:Oh shit,how are we supposed to go for our outing trip.But thank God the rain stopped at about 1 hour later,with sun shining bright.Such a hahaha weather eh?

We had some games along the way and the people there seems to enjoy the game very much.When we ask for some volunteers to help us with the music,they will sang for us without fail.If that applies to us,we'll be having those shy looks on our face.

Thomas actually sabo-ed me to sing in front of the crowd.I was not really mentally prepared,neither do I have any idea what to sing for the people.For the past few months,I've been listening to all those alternative/rock/indie pop music and I won't be singing songs like "Everything is Average Nowadays" by Kaiser Chief.They will be giving those "huh?" looks on their faces.

The MacDonalds feast in West Coast park is sorta happening.I was arranged to sit with 2 uncles who spoke Hokkien and Cantonese respectively.Luckily Eunice and Ai Li(One of the members in Bishan Home)Sat with me to break the ice.If not,it will be a conversation between a chicken and a duck.

Thoughout the event,I was pair up with the Cantonese speaking uncle(yes,the one who sat with me).According to Felix(One of the social workers there),he had a very sharp eyesight.Heard that he event won prize during a dart game in the funfair.

As for me,I find that he was a very quiet guy,perhaps not many people know his language well.Yeah,I was shocked that despite Cantonese being a well spoken dialects in Singapore,nobody in our group can speak!However,he's a very strong person,from the way I see him walk,he is one of the fastest walker among them all.Such a healthy guy is he.

The Bishan Home people enjoyed their trip very much,and so do we.I was happy that there are 4 new comers who joined us,but I didn't get to know them well.

One more thing that surprises me:I was the only one who was the first timer in Bishan Home.This shows how un-volunteering am I when comes to doing this kind of thing.Maybe I should come here more often.

Instead of staying at home thinking of where to go,what to go and what to eat,why not come out and do something different?

0 comments: