November 27, 2006

Last Saturday and Sunday were one of the best days I enjoyed so far.With Johor trip on the Saturday and Kids Jumble Sales on Sunday,I can hardly get myself a breather.

I shall start off with the JB trip first,but let me warn you first: The post you're going to see contains tons of photos that may cost saliva dripping(maybe not),nevertheless,please enjoy.

I must thank Weijie for introducing me the program to downsize my photos.If not,I'll be spending the whole day resizing it and make my head burst.

It's a pity Elvin couldn't join us for the Johor trip due to his work.Screw the company for their lack of welfare!Why make the life of the Singaporean so difficult?There's always time for everything.Please think for the workers in the company and stop playing golf(always the case,isn't it?).

Weijie overslept during the day,causing us to start the trip quite late.We began the trip at around 11.15am,where the queue at the Malaysia Custom is packed like sardine struggling for oxygen.The air-con seems to be not working and was replace by fans which doesn't seems to be effective.Like it or not,this has to be the only way,unless you own a vehicle.

After half an hour of waiting,we finally made ourselves to Johor.The City Square is the place that every Singaporean will go.However I recommend you all to shop elsewhere instead,because the price over there is almost the same as what Singapore offers.

We start our appetizer at the "旺角茶餐厅",which I thought is a rather rare find in Johor until I saw the same one in Holiday Plaza.Stupid me.Now everywhere is infested with the 茶餐厅.

The waitress is rather friendly when we ordered our food.When we asked her about the drinks,she even briefly describe how the drinks are like and give us some "warning" before taking that order.That's very kind of her.They nearly ordered the "Black Spider".According to her description is some kind of drinks with herbs in it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some of the food that we ate.The bread with ice-cream is rather worth it.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ribena drink mixed with lychee syrup,or the other way round?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mango and strawberry ice-blended with jelly on the bottom.It also another nice drink.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And this is not worth it!It's simply Teh Peng with ice surrounding the drinks.It's $2RM for the decoration,$1.60RM for the drink.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ice Milo.Need I say more?


The total cost is around $6 SGD per person.With food like this that give us a full stomach.It's really worth the price.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Afternoon is another session of food feast.This time we went to Plaza Pelangi for Stonegrill lunch.We took a cab which eventually cost us $6 RM.Taking a cab from place to place is a necessity,especially in such a busy traffic in Malaysia.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sizzling On The Rock Stonegrill.Even the menu gives out smoke.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
From Top: Chicken Skewer,Chicken Chop and New Zealand Surf 'N' Turf.

After a lunch in the restaurant,I started to change my impression I looked at the Malaysians.They provide a service which can best the Singaporean.When they charge you 10% for service tax,they really mean it!Whereas in Singapore 10% service is sub-standard.I didn't meant to say bad about our service in Singapore,and I still believe our service can still be improved.


Maybe I have a "grass is greener on the other side" mentality.

Speaking of service,the waiters even helped the customers to cut and cook the food for them!Impressive eh?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A group shot before we go.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The plaza is holding some bride gown fashion show.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Metrojaya.In Singapore we call it Metro.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The last stop is a dinner at some place which I can't remember.We didn't went to Sentosa(not in Singapore on lah!) which many people recommend,but the food there is still as good.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A large size sugarcane drink that cost $7 RM.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Check out the size of the mug.It's taller than the fork.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Honey lemon which is just concentrated lemon drink.I feel so high after taking a sip.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
From top: Deer meat,Stingray,hotplate Tofu and Kang Kong.

The stingray cost only $16 RM!I believe others can find me a cheaper one,but what the heck!Just be happy okay?

I just don't like people being so calculative when comes to meal like this.As long as they don't charge me $40 RM for a stingray,I fine with it.Kenna chop head for the price of the food?Let it be lah!I rather find a travel mate that is not calculative.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The main cast of all the dishes: Crayfish.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Just look at the meat.It's not those kind that is overcooked.The meat is fresh and sweet.

We didn't order the crab because we know we'll never finish it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The "Zi Char" family.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We managed to finish everything,with a bloated stomach.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Raymond's side order of Chee Cheong Fun that contains Cha Siew and Prawn.I never get to taste it because my stomach really cannot take it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another group photo before we make a move.The picture was taken using a countdown timer.

So far the places that we went:

City Square --> Plaza Pelangi --> Holiday Plaza --> Unknown Zi Char store

The things I've bought from all 3 places:

1 Polo Tee,1 T-shirt,3 pairs of socks,1 Mango gummy,1 Keropok,3 Bubble gum and 1 Tao Sha Pia.

Well,I still have some leftover cash that can be use in my next Malacca trip.It will be at the 8th December and Kelvin Fok is yet to confirm.Don't put me aeroplane again please!

0 comments: