October 11, 2008

We Don't Deserve It

Photobucket

Last Sunday we celebrated Raymond's belated birthday with the usual dinner after the usual game of DOTA and an unusual KTV session.It was quite a rushed celebration being the fact that some of us have some event of our own in the morning.

We had a difficult time trying to find a restaurant to eat.Frankly speaking,it's hard to find an English restaurant that offers reasonable price to dine in.

As we became hungrier,we decided to forget about finding a nice English restaurant and went to a Chinese restaurant instead.

Photobucket

We settled at a place called "Chen Fu Ji",a restaurant famous for their crabmeat fried rice,which was recommended by my colleague.

Photobucket
The place was kinda quiet,probably because it was already 9am when we went there.I rather prefer the place to be somewhat noisy.

Photobucket
A beautiful scenery.


Photobucket
The hungry us ate the snack like a bunch of barbarians.

Photobucket
纸包鸡.It looked as if the paper can be eaten.

Photobucket
The meat is very juicy and the mushroom is well marinated.Most of the time I hate eating the black mushroom but this is one special case I ate it.

Photobucket
铁板豆腐.Taste rather normal to me.Not very special.


Photobucket
Sweet and sour pork.

Photobucket
三杯鸡.I loved the way how the prepare the chicken.

Photobucket
Oat Wheat prawn.This is one of the dish we really can't accept its price.6 prawns for $24!Is there any gold filling hidden inside the prawn?No!Then why is it so expensive?

Photobucket
Singapore Sambal fried rice.The rice is well separated and it doesn't taste so dry when I ate it.Somemore the spiciness of it is damn shiok.

Photobucket
Pineapple fried rice.Glenn regretted ordering it.

Photobucket
Japanese fried rice.I loved the ebi roe on top of the rice,but the bad thing about this dish is that,for the cost of $22 it contains only seaweeds,ebi roe and some chewy black stick.

Photobucket
Mango pudding.Something smoothing after a heavy dinner.

The four of us actually played a game of "Fear Factor".Raymond challenged us to eat a lump of onion and garlic inside the 三杯鸡.Glenn and I don't dare to eat it because we know that if we did,we probably get to puke out what we have eaten.

Then we challenged one another to eat a piece of chilli from the sambal fried rice.This should be easy I thought.When I put the whole piece inside my mouth,my tongue sting like mad.I tried drinking cold water to neutralize the taste but failed.It took me some time to get my taste bud recovered.

Glenn,on the other hand is worse.His eyes became bloodshot red after chewing the chilli for 10-15 times and then swallowing it.He had a hard time trying to get his tongue recovered and yes,he had to drink 5-6 cups of tea.

The total cost of the whole thing is $200!It's a super expensive meal I should say,and the birthday boy is sort of kenna carrot chopped by the restaurant.I think this will be the last time we eat here.I should have swap my Japanese fried rice with crabmeat fried rice instead.At least there's crab meat for me to enjoy.

I think next time we should never come to Clarke Quay for meals anymore,except for Central which is nearby.

0 comments: